Buccaneers Of Doom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Post pictures of the Player behind the Toon!
So.. Raid stats! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am by Malonan

» I am leaving the guild
So.. Raid stats! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:37 pm by Disocket

» Lisa's new tattoo!
So.. Raid stats! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 4:20 am by Morrghan

» Be Imba! Character Audit
So.. Raid stats! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:56 am by Kethriana

» Recount - Awesomeness Done for Overall Data
So.. Raid stats! EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:52 am by Dranaku

» Gormok the Impaler (Heroic)
So.. Raid stats! EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:00 pm by Dranaku

» Repax Application
So.. Raid stats! EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:31 pm by marshtric

» Farming Gold for Cardinal Rubies
So.. Raid stats! EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:25 pm by Dranaku

» Eregos Amber Drake Shock-Trading
So.. Raid stats! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:25 am by Dranaku

So.. Raid stats!

3 posters

Go down

So.. Raid stats! Empty So.. Raid stats!

Post  Aazoth Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:11 am

Since it seems we are now putting a requirement on what each person has to be able to pull in order to raid. Would it be good to set up a sticky on the forum with it broken down for each class and spec? Because not all dps are able to pull the same as others without actually getting raid gear, but are there more for their buffs and debuff functionality. Just asking as a question whether we want to get this set up or not. Since i'm in Iraq i don't have much to do but i don't mind helpin out if things need to be looked up or reasearched. I know pretty much most people in the guild know what they need and are pretty decent players, but i've noticed we have been getting some new one's and stuff. Well just let me know!! Also lets post some stuff!!!

Aazoth

Back to top Go down

So.. Raid stats! Empty Re: So.. Raid stats!

Post  naidia Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Ah seems theres some confusion here. Im not aware of any set numbers for raids but most raids require dps for example to pull a certain amount of damage. some dps classes are brought along to provide buffs as well as for their damage. so say most raids would want a moonkin for the buffs as well as requiring the moonkin to pull maybe 2k dps in naxx25. If you don't pull the required dps its gonna be cause you either don't have the gear yet, or there is a problem with your rotation. Just ask around, specially some of the players who play your class, for help with your rotation. I know i have talked to people about a couple of my characters and ive gotten some big dps increases by changing what spells i use or rotation of my spells.

as a general guide you need about 2k dps for naxx, maybe 2.5 for 25 man. uld 10 i would say 2.5 to 3k and i wouldnt do uld 25 with someone who has less then 3.5k dps. That is just a general guess on required dps.

less then that and the raid is basically carrying you, which in some fights means failure (specially in ulduar).

All classes should be able to pull 2k dps with gear from heroics (including badge and crafted stuff). If you can't do this ask for help, I am sure someone can figure out whats wrong and help you boost your dps.

naidia

Back to top Go down

Post  naidia Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:31 pm

For healing and tanks its a bit harder to judge. Healing is VERY situational with the meters. Tanks can partly be judged by health. Also all tanks should be defense capped (except druids...who use a slightly different game mechanic to be uncritable).

best judge for these is to see if you can keep up an under geared tank for healers, or tank with a under geared healer for tanks. Ulduar requires good gear and has a couple long fights where you have to spam heals. Ulduar is very healing intensive.

a good way to judge if your ready to head into an raid is if you have mostly gear from the raid instance before.

naidia

Back to top Go down

Post  Orkest Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Yes its true that dps is not "standard" on each class but on the same side of that if you have to ask if your good enough in dps to join a raid then you probably arent ready.

Orkest

https://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=594512191&sid=b5235

Back to top Go down

Post  naidia Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:42 pm

friend of mine suggested using world of logs to track this stuff. hopefully i can run that mod and the actual game at the same time.

will post for any raids i do.

also if you are worried about your dps for raids...ask for help. id rather take all guildies somewhere if possible. there is most likely just some small things you can change to get some dps increases.

naidia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down