Buccaneers Of Doom Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Post pictures of the Player behind the Toon!
Uld 10 B raid EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am by Malonan

» I am leaving the guild
Uld 10 B raid EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:37 pm by Disocket

» Lisa's new tattoo!
Uld 10 B raid EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 4:20 am by Morrghan

» Be Imba! Character Audit
Uld 10 B raid EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:56 am by Kethriana

» Recount - Awesomeness Done for Overall Data
Uld 10 B raid EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:52 am by Dranaku

» Gormok the Impaler (Heroic)
Uld 10 B raid EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:00 pm by Dranaku

» Repax Application
Uld 10 B raid EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:31 pm by marshtric

» Farming Gold for Cardinal Rubies
Uld 10 B raid EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:25 pm by Dranaku

» Eregos Amber Drake Shock-Trading
Uld 10 B raid EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:25 am by Dranaku

Uld 10 B raid

Go down

Uld 10 B raid Empty Uld 10 B raid

Post  Kaidon Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:43 pm

We got most of the people we need for the 2nd Uld raid. We still need a hunter and a {war, or a lock or a paladin}. Pst me in-game or leave a msg here. We are starting this weekend (Aug 1st).

Kaidon

Back to top Go down

Uld 10 B raid Empty Uld 10 B Weekly

Post  Kaidon Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:02 am

Our raid went really well and I think most of us are happy with the progress. Here’s a little of what happened.

After a late arrival by one of our members we headed off to the first boss of Ulduar. Soon after the battle started we discovered a secret. A secret, doubtless few know. And as this is a guild site I will explain this little known secret. We found… that if you light him on fire and pelt him with cannon balls he becomes weak at the joins and falls apart. ;D He was quickly downed with no special defenses.

Next we moved on to Razorscale. We used the turrets to pull him down so we could get together and poke holes in his wings. It turns out; this pisses him off something fierce. After which it breathed fire on us, and it tried to EAT me! Luckly Auraku was there to hurtle insults at it and take his attention off me. After which we were able to quickly down the foul beast, and in good time to.

After which we decided we would take on Ignis. We walked into this fight expecting great things. We were disappointed. Thankfully we met this creature who called themselves a “Spirit Healer”. They sent us back in with great hopes. We challenged it again, but unfortunately, one of his pets picked up a healer and used him as a baseball bat, with which he used to beat the snot out of us. Seeing this, we ran for our lives until it got board and dropped the healer. After buffing and talking strategy, we pressed forth. As if watching a how-to guild, we quickly put Ignis and his lackeys to the sword.

Being humble by the experience we went XT’s room. Are plan was to keep things simple. To do things, the easy way. We told the childlike construct that it was not to play with its toys, or us like that. Auraku held it down and Drakule spanked the child with his awesome dps. When its heart fell out we were forced to pull back some to keep from destroying the heart. Our dps was soo great, that its heart was out the whole fight. After we grounded XT, we moved on.

Excited by the easiness of the fight we marched off to a room where the largest golem you’ve ever seen stood up and shouted NON SHALL PASS! Dranaku doing a /flex quickly proceeded to rip off his right arm! I told Kologarn that his days were numbered because his arms off. He said no it isn’t! I said well whats that then? K-I’ve had worse. Me- You lier! He then procceded to grow a new arm! Dranaku glared at me, grumbled and then ripped off his new arm. Not about to be out done by a Death Knight, I ripped off his left arm! But before I could celebrate, or rub it in, Lyset killed the beast with a shot right between the eyes! /grumble

Next we walked over to the Iron Council’s room. We exchanged a few words. The big guy told me I should stick my head in a cave? (I assumed that’s where he meant because that the only place I could think where the sun does not shine) After telling him what he could do with his mother, we ran in and attacked. We did not do that well… After many trips the Spirit Healer we realize that we could lock them in the room, and as such killing them would only be an easy way for them. So we left them there and moved on.

While walking through the halls we ran into a rather large woman who had many cats. We tried to talk to the lady and she sent her cats at us! Unfortunately the cats ate the tanks. Those cats are nasty! We came back and talked about things. With a new strategy we assaulted the crazy lady and her cats. The start of the assult did not go as we had planned, but Faelily and Eesmee gritted their teeth and would not let anybody die after the pull. And thus we smashed the crazy cat lady into pieces!

Going into a hall way filled with snow, seeking a challenge after the last fight we chain pulled not two mobs, but 3! And we did this not once, not twice, but three times! There was but one casualty, thankfully we had duct tape! We ran into a powerful being who seemed to command the very cold itself. After a wipe or two, Hunkin came up with a way of explaining the fight to us that we will not soon forget. Together with Auraku, they expanded the style of explaining things to other bosses. They may post those later so I will not ruin it. Our allotted time was quickly approaching, so we buckled up switched to make room for another healer. Rosalela then pulled out some awesome dps and gave him 3rd degree burns all over.

We celebrated a job well done.

Kaidon

Back to top Go down

Uld 10 B raid Empty Re: Uld 10 B raid

Post  Kaidon Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:22 am

EXTRA EXTRA!
Uld B group passes the A group in progression!

Today I am talking to Kaidon, Raid Leader for the Uld B run with the Buccaneers of Doom, partnered with the Fail Boat guild about the extraordinary progression of the B group’s raid.

Me- Kaidon…
K- …
Me- Kaidon?
K- …
Me- KAIDON!
K- hu, wha?
Me- Will you please stop dancing in your chair…
K- Right… sorry, you were saying?
Me- Tell us a little about the raid Saturday night.
K- Well, we had one person who was a few minutes late. While we were waiting we voted on whether or not to try the new raid Bliz gave us with the patch. The vote was unanimous for going there first. Hunkin spent some time going over the strategy for the first boss. We then threw ourselves head long into it so we could get a feel for it. Just so everyone knows, when your eaten by a worm, it hurts! We wiped 3 or for 4 times before we got the first two (mini) bosses down. Then we one shot the last one!
Me- You guys must’ve been happy.
K- Heck yea! There was cheering all over vent. Considering the A group hasn’t even tried to do the new place, I would say it’s part of the reason why we’ve passed them.
Me- You were telling people that you wanted to do some achievements and hard modes this week, did you get to do any?
K- Not really any hardmodes, with the new patch the bosses in Ulduar got a little jealous and have started cheating. Bran said he would look into evening the scales. We did get some achievements.
Me- Really, like which ones?
K- We were talking about how we should do some of the achievements like Dwarfageddon, and as soon as the name was said, ding! We got it. We also picked up Cheese the Freeze, which tells me that our group is made up of pros.
Me- How long did it take to down the new raid, and how long did it take to get to Hodir after.
K- It took us about 50 minutes to finish the first part of the new place and fly to Ulduar. After that we still got to Hodir and downed him by the standard end time of 10:00 pm. This means that it took us about an hour less to do the same amount as the week before. And we downed Iron Council, which we did not do last week.
Me- Wow, it sounds like you guys are getting the hang of it.
K- O yea, with our dps, they make Ulduar look easy.
Me- So what happened with Thorim?
K- Well we voted to extend the time for that Saturday to down one more boss. Thorim. Some of us had not done this boss before. After a few wipes, everyone was getting the concept and we started doing really well.
Me- What happened then?
K- Freaking Thorim CHEATED! The gauntlet group gets to him just fine, they start jumping down with Thorim and then poof!
Me- Poof?
K- Yea! He said his mom was calling him and he had to go have dinner with her, and then poof! He teleported out and everything reset! Ooo we were soo pissed.
Me- Do you think you could have beaten him?
K- In a heartbeat! The attempt before was almost epic. The gauntlet group gets to him, and with their dying act they chase Thorim off his perch and down to the rest of us. The arena group was down a dps. With all of that we still got him down to about 20% before we wiped. To have the gauntlet group up to, would have made it a cake walk.
K- I would like to take a second to mention something.
Me- Sure
K- I have to say that this week’s MVP goes to Hunkin. He did a good job getting the healers together and did a great job on heals himself. For runner ups I would say it’s a tie. Arlons and Faelily really set out to get themselves ready for the run this during the week. Both got gear upgrades and enchants, and it showed.

Well, you heard it heard first folks.

Kaidon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaidon Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:07 am

Raid update:

Let me tell you a story about a brave group of adventures. The stage was set for an epic triumph, or a painful defeat.

On one side was Kaidon’s experienced raid group. The other was a series of powerful beast that have terrorized Northrend’s landscape for ages. Both sides locked eyes, waiting for the chance to tear each other into pieces. The raid gripped their weapons tightly as beads of sweet began to drip down their arms. The cheering of the crowd was slowly drowned out by the beating of their own hearts in their ears. The magnataur slowly leaning forward, ready to charge yet another foolish group of challengers. The snobolds ready to pounce. Quitely from his perch, the arena master whispered “Begin”. Fayoris let out a blood curdling battle cry that resounded threw the air. The chaos of battle began. Running forward, Kaidon with an open hand slapped Gormok, grabbing his attention first. Dodging and weaving, he was still getting spear after spear stuck in his body, making harder and harder to fight. Behind him running up to Dranaku was Hunkin trying to get the snobold off his shoulders. To his right Rosalela fired a spell that hit him square in the back. Wrenching from the pain the snobold straightened its back, eyes bulging. This gave Dranaku a clear shot. With a single sword swing, he cleaved the beast in two. Kaidon bearly able to stand called out to Fayoris for help. Fayora seeing an opportunity kicked Gormok right in the reproductive organs. It turned around with great furry and impaled Fayoris with a spear. Orwen used the opportunity to patch up Kaidon and get him ready to take on the angry beast again. Auraku having killed the last of the snobolds yelled for everyone to focus on the magnataur. Kaidon pulling the last spear from his body was about to take a page from the Fayoris book of attention grabbing when Fayoris was gored in the face with a spear. There was a sudden gasp from the raid. There was hesitation. Everyone wondered what to do next as his lifeless body hit the ground. Gormok, seeing an opportunity turned to Fealily and skewered him with a taking out one of the healers. Kaidon, refusing to give in, cast a spell that hit it right in the baby maker and shouted out, these beasts will pay! Take it down! Angered, and mad as hell Gormok turned to attack him. His attention pulled between two targets Lystel saw an opportunity and fired an arrow threw a gap in its armor and right threw its heart, killing the beast before it made to the tank. With a tank and a healer down and only 6 seconds until the next creature came threw the gate, there was time for very little, and discouragement was high.

But they rallied.

Bandaging what they could, giving each other encouraging words. They prepared for the giant worm as it come threw the gate. Knowing another one was nearby Kaidon threw his shield at it and went to look for the other one. Bursting threw the floor at his feet, he set in for the long haul. Breathing fire and stomach bile, the acid melted Kaidon’s armor making it imposable to move! The beasts had free reign of the raid. They took down another healer and two of the damage dealers before the tank was freed enough to move and grab their attention again. Having fought beasts like this before, the group knew to kill the acid breathers first. When they turned back to the tank, Eessmee was able to cut the foul acid beast’s head off. This left the fire beast, which was easy enough to take down. With but one healer left, and yet another beast to face things looked grim. Hunkin, the lone healer prepared for the next encounter. The raid group was covered on gore, sweet and dirt, exhausted, and hurt, the raid now down to five poeple, they pressed on. Next out of the gate was a huge yeti like creature nicknamed Icehowl. Kaidon ran out to challenge this new comer to the battle. This beast hit harder then the worms, but as there was only one of them and no area effect the beast could unleash, the fowl creature was easier to manage. They each tricked the beast into charging the wall, stunning it. This gave them time to lick their wounds and weaken it. After a good deal of time, they did eventually down even this huge critter. After they had won this first round, we were given time to see to their wounded and rest from their struggles. They had won, against fierce odds.

The next fight was much easier in comparison. No one died, and he was downed with little effort.

Summary:
Did leviathan with two towers up
Broodmother dropped two weeks in a row
Was 4 secs shy of the quick XT kill and 2 sec of the hardmode
Downed IC in the first go. Will be trying hard mode when the akus get back.
Roflstomped Kologarn
Roflstomped Auriaya with one person dc’d
Broke early because of the dc and a member not feeling well

Last edited by Kaidon on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clean up)

Kaidon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down